We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2020 term.
Both of the following applications must be submitted and complete by January 15, 2020.
Note that only complete application will be considered for review.
All items in step 1 & 2 below must be completed and received by the deadline for your application to be considered complete.
Complete the University of Florida Application for Graduate Admissions
- Keep the username and password that you create in order to log in and edit your application before submission.
- Do not leave the self reported GPA empty.The non-refundable fee must be paid to submit a completed application
- The Statement of Purpose should be submitted in SOPHAS only. Therefore, when prompted to enter your Statement of Purpose on the UF, please type “Submitted in SOPHAS.
- Arrange to have official transcripts from each previous higher education institution attended (other than University of Florida) sent to the UF Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Official GRE test scores sent directly from ETS to the University of Florida code 5812. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the official scores to arrive
Attention International Applicants:
- If official transcripts are not in English, an exact translation is required in addition to the official transcript. International students are also required to submit an official copy of their degree certificate(s)
- Official TOEFL (code 5812), IELTS or MELAB scores sent to the UF Office of Graduate Admissions
UF Applications Mailing Address:
UF Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Florida
P.O. Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611
Submit an online application to the Schools of Public Health Application Service (SOPHAS)
- Arrange to have 3 Letters of Recommendation submitted.
- Submit your professional Statement of Purpose outlining objectives that match the philosophy and focus of the program.
- Submit a Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
SOPHAS Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 9111
Watertown, MA 02471
For Overnight Delivery Only:
c/o Liaison International
311 Arsenal Street
Watertown, MA 02472
Each PhD faculty member evaluates and ranks the applicants. Each evaluation focuses on academic achievement and the applicant’s overall potential for success. The application packets of students will be reviewed during the monthly faculty meeting. Following the review, a decision will be made on each applicant.
Admitted students will receive a letter of offer detailing financial assistance and responsibilities on or after April 15th.